Are you looking for great cooking classes for your kids, but don’t have a cooking school near you? Whether you are across the country or right here in Minnesota, the Kids Cooking School has a YouTube channel where we host both free and paid classes for anyone to join. Check out the schedule below for a time and recipe that works for you.
Online Cooking Classes – Registration begins May 20th
Since we have reached full capacity at our Oak Hill Montessori summer camp location, we are pleased to offer online cooking classes via YouTube. In this format, registered students will receive a link to a private, LIVE YouTube event in their confirmation email where they can watch Chef Tiffany teach a class and students can participate simultaneously in their own kitchen at home.
Parents and siblings are welcome to participate at no charge. Please have each friend register for their own class, even if friends will be cooking together in the same kitchen.
Registration will open on May 20th. We are planning to add at least 10 online classes on different days and times this summer.
How Do Online Cooking Classes Work?
When parents register their children for an online cooking class, an email confirmation is sent to the parent. This email contains a link to a private, LIVE YouTube event specifically for each class. In a separate email prior to class, parents will receive a class packet that contains:
- the recipe for class
- list of any equipment needed
- special instructions
Although registered students will receive complete instructions, here is what you can expect from an online class with Chef Tiffany:
- We recommend that students prepare their ingredients and equipment before class starts. Although Chef Tiffany will review what is needed, there will not be time for everyone to gather supplies once class starts.
- Students need access to a device in the kitchen while they are cooking. The most ideal device is a tablet, but any other device that has the YouTube app will work.
- Classes are meant to be interactive. Students may ask questions and respond to prompts via the chat window. This feature is available when the event starts.
- Classes are recorded and will be available after the live event for those who registered for class for as long as our YouTube channel exists. However, students will NOT be able to interact with Chef Tiffany if they are watching a recording. We ask that you do not share the recording with anyone who is not an immediate family member of the registered student (parents and siblings only).
Have Questions? Send an email to Chef Tiffany.
For the purpose of this summer cooking camp catalog, all grade levels mentioned refer to students going into that grade for the 2019-2020 school year.